I'm not sure if I have ever given you an areal view of the camp, so here it is. If you look at the lower right on the camp you will see the three dorms, to the right of that but under the trees is the library, game room and the two VIP rooms.
At the end of the doom you see the conference center and above that the dining hall. Following up from the dining hall we have the Seghers house, Emoyeni then Boas. To the left is our house and last but not least Amy Huckers house. The blue and white stripe is the building that houses the workshop, laundry room and the garage. Now you have a clear picture of the camp, ( ha ha).
All of the greenery that you see belongs to Sunbury- the rest of what you see are the cane fields that surround us.

I have taken over the responsibilities of housekeeping, hopefully that will allow Carlene some breathing room. I know it doesn't sound like much when you take into consideration that we have ladies that actually do the work, thank you Lord, but it is quite a job. So I now meet with the ladies every day at 8:30, distribute supplies, make sure the schedule is correct and assign weekend work. I also purchase the cleaning supplies. If someone needs to adjust their schedule they come to me, boy do I sound important or what :) well I'm not. The truth is that these ladies are so efficient that they require very little supervision. I try to be available whenever there is a need.
Howard on track to finish the launder room this week, I think. As far as I know the next step is to move the washers and the dryer over to the new facility. The problem is with the timing. The ladies will be doing dorm laundry for the next few days (Tuesday and Wednesday) and on Thursday afternoon we have a large group coming in for the weekend, around 120. So the move may have to wait until next week, we'll see. I will get some pictures on the next blog for you. Let me say the ladies are very excited. One washer is in and Marie told me last week, with a big smile, that was going to be the washer for her dorm. They ladies will now have three washers and the are very excited about the prospect. The work will go a lot faster for them.
Please continue to pray for strength for us so that we can accomplish all that God has for us to do here at Sunbury. We thank you once again for all you have and are doing to support our efforts. Without you we would not be here.
No comments:
Post a Comment