I was asked two weeks ago if I would make a Resurrection Cake for our Easter bible club- "sure". How hard could it be? But, I have never done one before
soooooo I emailed my daughter Erin (Adam's wife). What a gem she is, she sent me a couple of ideas and a link. One of the ideas was crescent rolls with a marshmallow in the middle, when you bake
it it becomes empty, very cool.
But I needed to do it with and for about 80 kids. Plus they don't sell crescents rolls here.
So I checked out the cake. Looked workable to me so I started.
This is a beer box cake, Yes, it is really baked in a beer box and it feeds 42 :)
I forgot how much I enjoyed decorating cakes, it's been a long time. I think since the kids were in school and volunteered me.
This is the finished product. I will say I felt very accomplished when I was done and the kids loved it, not the decorations so much they just like to have cake. Cake is not an everyday occurrence for them.
We are so fortunate to know what was accomplished for us when Christ died and rose and that we have the assurance of a life together with Him.
Have a blessed Easter
No comments:
Post a Comment