Sunday, April 22, 2012

encouragement in unforeseen places

Well today we went to church in Ballito.  If you look to the right in the next to last window on the 2nd floor you will see the sign for our church.  Howard and I have hosted camps for the last two weeks so we have been unable to attend church.  Our pastor, as I have said before, is a young Pastor but boy does he love the Lord and his messages are solid. We are beginning a study on Nehemiah, it looks to be enlightening, but this post is not really about church other than the fact I was there.

After church I went across the street to a small shop, Towel Haven, to check on some prices for camp.  The owner was there sitting at the register.  He greeted me and offered some assistance.
When I told him what I was interested in and where it was for he told me he'd give us a good price. All that said for this.... Frank, that is his name, told me that he loved the Lord and wished to help Gods ministry any way he could .  The conversation continued, it was great- all about the Lord and how he uses our trials to encourage others and that we are to be stewards of all God gives us not just financial but spiritually, physically and emotionally.  He went on to say we, as Christians, need to stand up fearlessly for the Lord and His truths.  We need to be spent for Him like He was spent for us.  We need to teach our children and show them what it means to have a loving God and to love Him.

When was the last time you went into a store and had a loving conversation about our Lord ?
Thank you Lord for the encouragement you set in my path today.  You alone know how to lift my spirit.



By the way, on Thursday Frank will be in the hospital for some cancer treatment, I believe it is radiation.  He has had many treatments and surgeries on his ear and face. He says he lives with pain but knows that it is nothing when he thinks of what Christ suffered for him.  If you think of it please pray for Frank as he overcomes one more trial, that through this he will find one more way to glorify his Lord.



No comments: