I have just finished a book about George Muller, what an amazing story of faith and prayer. How many of us say we believe that we believe God answers prayer. George Muller lived his belief to the fullest by the promise of John 14:13, "Whatsoever you ask in my name, that will I do."
What a great promise for us as well. If you are not familiar with this man's life of faith I recommend you check it out; George Muller, Man of Faith by Bonnie Harvey.
With all that said I would like you to consider taking on the task of praying specifically for the needs at Sunbury. There are many needs a missionary has and no doubt you are aware of that. This request is very specific and needs to be lifted before the Lord every day.
1. There is a great need for a missionary couple that has a call for Camp ministry. A couple with a great work ethic and a true love for the children and adults that would be here at camp. A couple that knows what it takes for this type of ministry and is amiable to compound living. It's a tall order but I know God has someone in reserve just for this purpose All we need to do is ask and wait on His provision. It is difficult for the missionaries here to try to run the camp and fulfill the
work God has entrusted to them, which is to reach the amiZioni people with the gospel of Christ. Especially at this time when Sunbury has such a limited staff. (Greg and Carlene Seghers, Amy Hucker and Marius) Just think of caring for 20 acres with only 4 people. Now add the ministry to the hours in a day......daunting isn't it?
2. It is hard to believe that things we take for granted are so much more difficult here. The camp has about 20 acres that is fenced in and it is now being mowed with hand mowers smaller than you or I would use at home (and not self-propelled either). With that in mind, we would ask our Father to provide a commercial size riding lawn mower for the camp. We know that He owns all there is in this world and it is His desire to care for His children, just as He does the lilies of the field.
3. The camp has an old tractor that they use for grading the road/ driveway. It is approximately 2 miles in from the main road. The rains constantly washing large valleys and gullies through the length of the road . You can only imagine how difficult it is to get in and out. I can remember as a kid living on a street in Winthrop Harbor that was impassable when the rain came. I'm sure some of you may have similar memories. Again with that said, the tractor has been unusable for about 9 months.
Parts are no longer available because of the age and vintage of the tractor. They have to find someone who can make what they need, and that is not easy. I'm not really sure how to pray about this but given the age and problems getting parts I think it would be more effective to simply ask the Lord for a new one.
In all these things we would come to Him with a humble and loving spirit and a thankful
heart asking and believing that He is willing and ready to answer our prayers.
In Christ,
Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment