Palma's mom was busy making the meals for the day. This is a traditional Hungarian noodle. It is really interesting. I asked a few questions and the next thing I knew I was in an apron and learning the technique. It was fun. I believe she's even giving me the recipe, you know a little of this a hand full of that and egg or twine water. I told here I'd need some actual measurement and she smiled and shook her head. Of course everything goes through a translator, Palma. I wonder if she tell us everything her family says. Probably not :)
This is the gate to their house, this inside of the gate. I'm told it is older than Australia. As you can see it is huge. On the other side it has the address from the Russian occupation as well as the current address. Wow, the history here is vast. It's hard, as an American, to fully comprehend that this was a communist state even though you can see statue from old regimes in many places. They even had to rebuild part of their home because a bomb dropped on it. It's mind boggling for me.
After church we went to a small village that is now tourist shops. There was a marzipan museum there. I have to admit I was to tired to got to the second floor so this is the only picture I have but just look at the details in this garden. I'm told there is a life size Michael Jackson there...in marzipan ??? Yep that's what they said and you know what else Elvis is not dead he's just in marzipan.
We has a nice leisurely day. Again, I must add, we walk and walk and walk... I'm really to old for this :/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment