Isn't this a neat building, it belongs to the church. The pastor and his wife life on the main floor. The two floors above have small apartments in them it was very sweet and cozy. Palma, Patricia and I had one of them for the night before the club. (Oh I guess I forgot to tell you they use it for guests and for pastors that desire a respite.) It had a fully stocked kitchen so the night we got there we walked around the corner to the store and picked up some sandwich fixings. By the way they walk or ride bikes everywhere :( and we don't have bikes with us so walking it is in these small towns. I'm getting way to much exercise...and I'm the oldest one here so it's hard to keep up :) We spent the morning walking around town looking at the historic building and enjoying the open air market then back to the apartment to rest before the club.
The quilting group numbered 9 and as has been at each camp they were so excited to see us. Well not really me, but Patricia since she is the teacher. She has so much knowledge to share and not just about the piece were doing but history. I didn't really realize that the art of quilting was founded in the U.S. but it was, who knew well that would be Patricia. The picture below is taken as we were setting up.
This little girl was a delight. She was my partner for the evening. Usually I go around and help with pattern placement, showing the quilters knot and helping to get them started with their invisible stitching. This group was pretty good so I stuck with Audra. She was so cute. She spoke a little English and tried to show it off to me... Do you like butterflies, do you like bananas, what is your best color ect ect ect. I loved it. It was like sewing with my granddaughter.
The evening went well and just before we gave our testimonies a group of ladies came in from another group, a secular group, they wanted to hear Patricia talk about quilt history. (The schedule always puts the testimonies in the middle.) I think the were 5 ladies in that group anyway Patricia gave her story, she always does a great job sharing the salvation message. Then it was my turn. It went well enough. I told the ladies the story of Lazarus and the rich man and told them one of the reasons I came was that I need to know I have shared the message of Christ with those I see, my friends new and old .... How could I not share the news of the wonderful gift Christ had given me. I shared that my bible was my love letter from God and that it was for them too. We offered them their own copy of this wonderful love letter. We had two ladies request bibles that night. I'm told that several of the ladies from the other group had tears in their eyes. Who knows what seeds Christ has planted through Patricia and myself. Our prayer is that those seeds will grow and lives would be changed for Christ glory.
When club was over I asked Audra if shed like the child bible we brought, she smiled brightly and said,"that is the same one I'm reading." She also played a little key board for us and did a wonderful job of singing a worship song to us. What a blessing she was to us. I fell in love with her.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment