"Don't worry", they said, "we have made this especially for you it has no spice and no curry."
How kind. They were cooking for 50 and took the time to fix something for us. I tell you this so you will have some idea of how they Loved. As I spoke with Gloria she reminded me that we are all, as the bible says, Gentiles, but God extended his love to us. We are to love one another in the same way, so that makes us sisters. I probably spoke with half of them on an individual basis and it was true we were family.
We went to the Sunday morning service, the pastor spoke from his favorite book in the bible Philippians (background). This group had called and canceled their camp last month with really no explanation I found out that they had several deaths and also a number of serious hospitalizations and just felt under the circumstances they couldn't manage the trip. Three of the families that had deaths were here being loved on and one of the sick people was released form the hospital on Friday and was here on Saturday. The sermon, short version, "we have been given the privilege of trusting Christ and also the privilege of suffering for Him, we are in this together. " A clear reminder that we will go through struggles...the key word is through, and not alone. You can't even imagine the testimonies that people gave that had just gone through the loss of someone close and are still walking through. He reminded us that we must press on. Anyway, it was good and touched many hearts, including mine.
I am in awe when I think of the dual ministry there is here at Sunbury. Looking back at the past years schedule Sunbury has had about 50% Indian camps, 40% Black and 10% White (that's just a guess) and that isn't even counting ZEBS or the Zion camps. Since January, we have had about 1000 campers again not including ZEBS or Zion camps. I have watched as people have been refreshed, renewed and some touched for the first time. This is a great place to be if you want to see God at work. I know that ZEMA is primarily about the Zionists, but God is about everyone and He's using Sunbury for His purposes. All I can say is Praise His Name !!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment