Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sorry it's been so long but Internet has been ???

We now have a new company and things are much better. Anyway, Zandi called me one day last week, I think it was Wednesday, and asked me if I would sew something for her, I have offered to do some repairs for the ladies so I thought it was something like that. When she arrived here she was with her fiancé and handed me a bag of fabric. I was a little taken back, her fiancé needed a new Zion robe before Friday. oh my, you might not know this but they don't use patterns here and I am definitely a pattern person. They did bring me his old one so I asked if I could take it apart and use it to make the new one, they agreed. I told her I wasn't sure if I could do it, "I have faith in you," Well that made me feel good, but it didn't convince me that I could do it. The old one had a small cross maybe an inch and a half... But this time they wanted a larger, much larger cross, and two stars one on each shoulder blade. Well I did my best and here is the result.








They were very happy with it and I'm now making two more. One more for Xolane and one for Maruis. I am still a little nervous but at least I know it is possible .
Our time is passing quickly and there is still a lot to do we only have 36 more days until we leave!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: