Monday, February 20, 2012

my hope

 " MY HOPE IS IN THE LORD WHO GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME"

I think you might remember the word to this song.  I love how the Lord uses the things I've learned, and forgotten along the way, to affirm his love for me :)...anyway

We had a guest speaker at Community Connection yesterday.  It is actually a three week series, his topic is "Stories that change the world." Of course there is no other story that can make such a change than that of our Lord and Savior.

This week he spoke on the parable of the "The Barren Barren Fig Tree" in Luke 13:6-9.

I don't know about you but, not unlike like the disciples, I have a little problem understanding the parables.  Isn't it great how God prepares others to help us understand?  I guess that is part of their fruit.

So here is what he said in a nutshell: the Father placed us in this garden, His creation, and he watches us hopefully, to see if his hope is well placed.  But time and again he is disappointed (go figure ).  Finally He says to Christ, I've waited long enough (Scary- isn't it) they are just taking up space there is not any value in them. Christ answers, over and over again, I love this part..............Wait, let me work with them, give them special attention, after some time if it doesn't help, do as you please.

God the father is the man........

We are the fig tree, and by the way a fig tree is very tenacious- it grow no matter what, but with                                   care it will bear enormous amounts of fruit.

The fruits are our actions, I don't know about yours but mine can always use improvement.

The Gardner is of course our Lord and Savior, the Hope of all the world.

The attention........sometimes very hard to take....could come in the form of trials to strengthen us and help us grow or just tenderize tender nudging of the Holy Spirit....I like that one better.

And the fertilizer is the hope Christ gives.

Next year.....time for Him to work in us....and remember our time is not His time.

Judgment...."cut it down"  all will be judged for the actions of there lives for the good or bad.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm here for Sunbury or for the Lord to work in my heart............Hmmmmm...
probably both : )

Thanks for letting me ramble.   


I pray that you are looking to Christ for your hope today :)

No comments: