I'm sorry to be so far behind with the days. They seem to pass so quickly and often there is too much in one day for just one blog so I split it up. Hope I don't miss anything.
I guess I still need to update you on the days we were in Romania. We stayed at the parsonage, it was the largest parsonage I've ever seen....three floors and we were at the top. Just so you know that was 4, yes 4, flights of stairs. That's a bit much for an old lady like me and of course I was always forgetting something :/ Andrew and Erika were our hosts. I would tell you their last names, but I can't spell it.
The club started at 6:00 pm and was to be over at 8:00 pm. We expected 8-10 ladies. We actually had 17 ladies and were there until 8:45.
We found out before we left that this is a new club so the project we had planned we going to be to much for them. What to do ? Well, they were getting new cutting matts and rotary cutters so Patricia thought it best to teach them the proper way to use them. She also told a little about quilt history. They seemed to enjoy knowing a little about how it came about. There were things I learned too. Now it was time to do a project. We decided a simple tissue holder for a purse would be the easiest and they would go home with something done. They were so happy, it was a bit surprising. I thought it was a little simple, but they enjoyed themselves and that is what keeps them coming.
We were a little disappointed that none of the ladies asked for bibles, but decided that God was in control. So although we were feeling sad, we accepted it.
The next morning the leader of the group, Gyo'ngyi, came over and told us three ladies had called her to ask for bibles, yea!!!
I guess we just need edto be obedient and let God do the rest it seems to work better that way.
After the history lesson we had our testimony time as usual. We thought that it was not received very well, but later were thanked by several of the ladies.
No comments:
Post a Comment