Monday, April 18, 2016

Early to bed, early to rise...

We got up a little early this morning to get some post cards written to the grand kids. We don't want them to forget us while were gone.

A quick bite of breakfast and then it was off to church. One would think it would be a time of relaxing with The Lord and praising him, but as it happens we were asked to speak to the congregation about the quilting ministry and give our testimonies. Needless to say we were a bit anxious through the beginning of the service not to mention the songs were in Hungarian. When it was in subtitled in English our words didn't sync with theirs or the music, so it was work to try and sing. The pastor gave us a half an hour to speak. Patricia is great, I'm not so fond of being behind the pulpit. Never the less I believe it went well. Actually the pastor decided not to have the sermon. We sang a little more and he reminded them of several things that were said and we were dismissed. They had a light refreshment and coffee after the service.

To Adam and Erin I would say, I used something I see at your church to end with. I told them that as you leave the church there is a sign that says "you are now entering the mission field". I did add that it was only part of the truth...because as you come back in there should be a sign saying you are now returning to the mission field, because we should all be reaching out to bring others in. It seemed that the pastor liked that and he added his own encouragement to them to be about the Lords work. As we tried to leave we were greeted with hugs, "God bless you"s, thanks, and encouragement to keep telling others. It was all very humbling.

We came home changed clothes had a quick lunch. Then headed to Szentendre, yes, really, who can say that? It's a quaint little shopping area that is very old world.

There are all kinds of hand made things, Hungarian blue fabrics, lace shops, food, ice cream shops there is even a huge Christmas shop. The area winds around for about two miles (that's must be why there are so many food shops that's a lot of walking without fuel ). Some of the shop doors are like hinged garage doors. It's cool to see. Then there are those shops that you walk into only to find out there is a courtyard with more shops on the other side. Very European, oh ya were in Europe so I guess it's normal to them. Not for us though.

You know with all that walking we had to eat. There was an interesting bistro with a huge stuffed ostrich. Seem odd to us until we opened the menu. :\ Yes indeed, ostrich was one of the prominent dishes. Since we aren't prominent we chose another option. It was delicious probably the best meal we've had since we've been here.

It was a very leisure meal by the time we were done eating the shops were closed. Fortunately the ice cream shops were still open. How could we think about leaving without topping off our meal with a great dessert. I suppose we could have, but we didn't !!!

By the time we got home it was time to get kits together for Tuesday. Tomorrow we work on safe house quilts all day as well as prepare some sewing kits for the refugee ladies. I guess that covers everything from today.



No comments: