We arrived safely on Friday around 4 in the afternoon. Boy were we dragging. Patricia had been up since 5 on Thursday morning and me around 8. Sleeping on the plane was not really possible it was a long sit on those planes ! We crashed around 8 last night and slept until 8 this morning.
The weather was a little cool this morning, around 60 but overcast with a breeze but still better than home.
Our first club was today, Fo't, just outside of Budapest. A lovely town and in the midst of it there was a beautiful Catholic Church. Palma told us the architect that designed the Parliament here also designed this church, well back to the club information.
We had 7 ladies there, one of which had never used a sewing machine or a rotary cutter but she caught on fairly quickly. Each lady chose the fabric kit they wanted and then Patricia set about telling them all about the stack and whack technique. They worked diligently and each lady finished at least one of the squares.
We took a break about half way through the club to give our testimonies. Patricia talked about how our lives are like the quilt we were making and how God would use each step to shape us. After her analogy she gave the salvation message straight and to the point. It was so cool. Then it was my turn. I gave an overview of my life, so far anyway, and told them how much my relationship with Christ guided me, lifted me and showed me the path I need to take. I was sure to say that a relationship with Christ was a two way street it wasn't just up to Christ to be with me but I needed to be close with Him. "My bible is my very own love letter from him " I said , " and that is how I grow each day into a deeper relationship with him. ". I love the story of the rich man and Lazarus and I recounted it to them. It is personal to me because I know those who choose to live a life outside of Christ....people I love , friends - old ones and new ones. We them offered them a love letter of there own, Gods letter to them. After the club was over one of the ladies requested a bible. It was the best part of the day. God surly works in the hearts of man. I pray this woman will answer Christ call and accept him as Lord and Savior.
Well that was our day we left at 9:30 am and we arrived back home about 8:15 pm and yes we are still tired, but with hope that God was glorified today.

No comments:
Post a Comment