Friday, September 28, 2018

Dark Clouds?

We had a great week end. The camp was Covenant Life Ministries, a large group for Sunbury, 120 people. We usually run 60-80. This particular camp was a family camp. They arrived sporadically throughout the evening on Friday in hopes of a perfect weekend. Saturday we all woke up to a dreary day. The weather was threatening all day long. Rain was in the air and the sky showed no signs of sun only dark clouds. I will say it didn’t dampen their spirits. They had planned several hours of outdoor games in the afternoon, every kind of race you can think of. As I watched the thunder rolled and the games went on. There were those that participated and those who cheered from the veranda. Their spirits still were not dampened, they persevered knowing the storm was hanging over us. It began raining just after they finished their frivolity. As I walked home this was my view. It was as if God was saying, “see, I am always here with you.” The sky darkened again and the rain came in torrents.



It encourages me to know that He is always there. I’m sure it encourages you as well. We all have clouds, a little rain and even storms in our lives, but as children of the living God we persevere In the knowledge that storms come and go but we never walk through them alone. He is with us and if we are too weak to walk through them He will carry us as long as we need him to. What a great and compassionate Father we have.

I hope your day is blessed knowing you are a child of the King.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet they have beautiful storms there. I wish i could see what you see!