Monday, July 30, 2018

Time is getting short, but not too short to answer questions

I’m sorry I haven’t blogged in awhile so much to do and time is getting short.

Sooo
Last Sunday after the camp was gone and we were finally relaxing, the buzzer for the gate rang. 😐

It was ESKOM, the electric service here, they were here to read the meters...on Sunday? Yep it seemed a little odd to me so I went down to get the scoop. There were two people in the truck, a young woman and a young man. They told me they just needed meter reading, that was ok with me, but I stayed while the gal did the readings. Once she was back in the truck she asked me about the camp and what we did and what we taught. I explained that it was a Christian Camp and we facilitated camps for and Christian organizations as well as churches and we had a Bible School here as well.

The young man asked , “do you mind if we ask a few questions?”
Me “not at all”
So these are the questions they asked :
Do you believe there is only one God?
Do you believe Mary was a virgin?
Do believe there is black magic and is it a bad thing?
What do you think about churches that teach things that aren’t in the Bible?
     Should we leave a church like that?
Do you think there is a purpose for everything that happens?
Do you think that people are where they are for a reason?

We had a great conversation and before they left they told me they were sure God had me there at that time to talk with them. Before they left they asked me to pray for them. From the conversation I think they were believers, but it’s hard to know. That is one of the things I love about being here, it doesn’t take much to talk about the Lord. People are so open and usually they bring it up.

When was the last time your meter reader asked you about God, His word and the church. Eyes are being opened, hearts are being touched. God is at work and I’m blessed to be a part of it. We just have to love the opportunities available here.

No comments: