Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Prayer Nudge

You know how it is when you are so tired, weary really, that you know you'll fall asleep before your head even hits the pillow. Well that was me last night. I went to bed exhausted and found myself wide awake. Yep couldn't have been any more awake. I laid there for hours tossing and turning when I looked at the clock I realized that my friends were just pulling in the gate at Sunbury ready to start their day....

Then I remembered meeting the ladies at the laundry room with sawbona they would reply "kunjani" and I would say "siyaphila" and finally they would say "yebo" (greetings, how are you, I am fine, yes - I don't know why they say yes but they do) then they would laugh and correct my pronunciation. My day would start with joy in my heart and a smile. I lifted each of them in prayer Ntombifuthi, Monica, Maria, Ellen Zandi and finally Lina. It wasn't long before I was sound asleep. Perhaps, just perhaps, they needed my prayers today.
I have said it before and I'll say it again, I thank my God for the blessing they were and the memories of them that fill my heart. May Gods riches blessing be on each of them today and all of their days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: