I think I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. Sunbury Christian Camp has accommodations of 131 beds. We do have 75 extra sponges (foam mattress) for the overflow that sometimes occurs. This weekend we had about 230 Zionist here, yep that's right. All here to learn more about how to teach at their own local churches, a conference of sorts. I say that because it is so different from the conferences in the states. Anyway, we were short on everything, some people even slept in their cars! They had to go out early this morning to get more food. Everything they bought for the weekend was used in one night. Two meals today and breakfast tomorrow had to be purchased. I’m sure glad I’m not cooking 😜. It’s cold and rainy and still they come. The desire to know God is a powerful thing. If I go back to the statement that conferences are different here, this is why. Their meetings are ALL night, 9 pm to 5 am, then a bit of rest, 7:30 breakfast, 9:00 meetings (2 hours), a one hour tea, meetings (2 hours), 2:00 lunch, a few hours to rest, 7:00 supper and then another all nighter.
I’m tired just writing the schedule.
All this to say God is doing a great work here and we are privileged to be part of what is happening here at Sunbury. I hope you realize that you too are a part of the work here. Your prayers and support are making a difference for the Kingdom of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment