Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Good Day: Monkeys, Cranes, and Ellen

It was a very warm day today 88 when we rolled out of bed this morning ☹️ a bit warm for me. I decided to head to the dining hall and work on the binding for the quilt I’m doing for our project building.    

One of the great joys for me here is Ellen. She always has a smile and a song. Today when I saw her she wasn’t singing.  I stopped and told her, “one of the things I missed when I was gone was her singing.”  She giggled and went on about her cleaning. Later as I sat on the veranda of the dining hall she came out to empty her water bucket... she smiled and began singing. There is just such a peace about her voice. It made my day complete. 

  

Apparently we have a of cranes that live at the camp. They squawk back and forth like an old married couple. It’s funny to watch.

Today I finally saw my monkeys. They aren’t on the grounds like they use to be because many of the trees have been cut down and they cannot cross the electric fence.  But today they were screeching back and forth at each other in the trees beyond the fence. I’m not really sure what was going on, but they were verbal with each other.  



It’s suppose to cool down tomorrow were so glad. Should be in the upper 60’s for a few days. A refreshing change. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you see a monkey please share a picture!