I thought it would be fun if I introduced you to the ladies I work with. I was privileged to be able to go to San Susi, the small village where the ladies live, and take family photos of each of their families. Well let me back up just a bit... I had asked the ladies if it would be alright for me to come one day and take their pictures with the family , after a little Zulu between them I was told I could. Sometimes my brain is non-functional and this was one of those times. The ladies work every weekend. It has been weeks since I asked and finally we had a camp free weekend so we set it up- Mothers day! It was great :)
This is Ntumbifuit (the "n" is almost silent), her husband David, her granddaughter and a neighbor boy. She and David were just married over new years. They had a big fancy wedding, 250 people. I would estimate that they have been living together about 25 years, give or take, waiting for the labola money to be earned. They have a grown daughter that lives in Durban but their granddaughter lives with them.
Ntombifuti is in charge of dorm 2 and very particular about how it looks. She also is one of the gals that gets the kitchen ready for the weekend camps, and one of the cooks for the ZEBS weekends. She is the number two lady here at camp and believe me there is a pecking order.
I have found her to have a lovely spirit, an infectious smile and a great sense of humor. She loves to sing, she is great! Best of all she loves the Lord. She is a joy in my life.
I feel so grateful to have the opportunity to get to know her and hopefully become a friend as well as a sister in Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment